SOUND GENIUS RECORDINGS ®
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Term: Sound Genius Recordings ® (Studio) - located at 81 Limekiln Pike, Glenside, PA 19038.
Term: Booking Client - the person or company referred to on the booking invoice.
For the purposes of this and future agreements, the term “Sound Genius Recordings” refers to Sound Genius Recordings ® located at 81 Limekiln Pike, Glenside, PA 19038. In like manner, the term “Booking Client” refers to the person or company named on the booking invoice or Rental Agreement.
1. The Booking Client agrees to pay for studio time at the rate in effect at the time of booking. The specified non-refundable deposit is required to confirm (studio) booking. Rates are subject to change without notice. Minimum session time is two (2) hours for studio rental without sound engineer and two (2) hours for studio rental with sound engineer.
2. The Studio will provide studio time and the services of a recording engineer for the duration required by the Booking Client (unless instructed otherwise). Any additional time required for providing Studio services, including, but not limited to, mixing, mastering, creating additional versions, stems and adding to or modifying tracks require additional fees.
3. The Booking Client is responsible for all amounts due and shall make payments to the Studio by cash or credit/debit by the end of the session. Any additional charges incurred must be paid on the completion of the recording session. The Booking Client is responsible for any and all legal costs and attorney’s fees required to collect payment for any services rendered.
4. If the Booking Client requires the services of session musicians (including vocalists), the Booking Client will be responsible for all arrangements and paying said musicians. If the Booking Client requests the Studio to arrange for session musicians to be at the recording session, the arrangements will continue to be between the musicians and Booking Client. The (Studio) is not responsible for any actions by the requested musicians (ie; late/no-show, poor performance). In most cases, payment for additional musicians will be expected at the time services are rendered. The (Studio) recommends that the Booking Client enter into a separate written agreement with the session musicians prior to the date and time of the booked session.
5. In the event of cancellation or rescheduling of a booked recording session or other scheduled services by the Booking Client with less than a 48-hour notice BEFORE the scheduled session, the Booking Client agrees to forfeit the deposit placed to hold the booked session time. For sessions scheduled less than 48-hours before the session, the deposit is non-refundable. All deposits for sessions booked as part of a promotion are also non-refundable.
6. If the Booking Client arrives late for a scheduled session, he will be responsible for payment of the period of time he was scheduled and the time will not be extended. This amount includes payment for a sound engineer, if included on the booking agreement. If the Booking Client is late in excess of 1 Hour, the (Studio) reserves the right to cancel the session and the Client forfeits all deposits.
7. If the (Studio) is required to cancel a session due to unavoidable circumstances not within the Studio’s control (ie; engineer illness, natural disaster), the (Studio) will reschedule the session for the earliest available time consistent with the needs of the Booking Client. In the event that neither the Booking Client nor the (Studio) can reach an agreement on a date and time for re-schedule, the (Studio) shall refund the full deposit amount to the Booking Client.
8. When (Studio) session/rental is booked, the time the Booking Client has requested is then reserved for the Booking Client and becomes unavailable for others to rent, If the Booking Client chooses to end the session early, the Booking Client will still be responsible for payment for the entire time in which they have reserved. The Booking Client will not be entitled to a refund or credit if they choose not to utilize the time reserved in its entirety.
The Booking Client may reduce the time of a scheduled session by contacting the (Studio) at least 48 hours BEFORE the start of the session, as long as the reduced time adheres to the (Studio) Terms regarding Booking Minimums. If the Client fails to request a reduction within the specified time, the reserved time can not be reduced and the previous Terms will remain in effect. (Studio) Rentals booked less than 48 hours before the start of the session cannot be modified.
Engineers are not authorized to negotiate a time reduction after a session begins.
9. All Studio time extension requests are contingent upon Studio availability and must be paid in advance. Regular rates apply to additional Studio time and services provided. If original session was booked through a promotion, the extended time will be charged at the regular Studio rate at the time of the session.
10. (Studio) “Time” includes set-up, break-down, breaks taken by the Booking Client/Artists and engineer. For sessions lasting 8 hours and longer, the engineer will be entitled to a 30 minute meal break per session. All such time is on-the-clock.
11. The (Studio) will not issue a refund after a recording session has been performed and/or MP3 or WAV files have been delivered to the Booking Client. We make every effort in working with the Booking Client to deliver the highest quality product per the Booking Client’s expectations. (Studio) Rental and other services are also non-refundable.
12. The (Studio) shall not transfer recording files or copies thereof to the Booking Client or Booking Client’s representative until all outstanding balances are paid in full. Until such time as the Booking Client has met the monetary terms of the Studio’s Rental Agreement, all recording files will be left at the (Studio). When the Booking Client has successfully fulfilled their monetary obligation to the full satisfaction of the agreement, the (Studio) will release the recording files to the Booking Client. Any and all material protected by copyright shall remain the property of the copyright holder.
13. The (Studio) will NOT backup the Booking Client’s recording files. All session files shall be released to the Booking Client or Booking Client’s representative at the end of the recording session. It is the Booking Client’s responsibility to provide a personal flash/hard drive to the (Studio) for the purpose of downloading/releasing the recording files to the Booking Client in their entirety. Alternately, the (Studio) may transfer all recording files to the Booking Client by attaching a link containing the files and sending to the Booking Client’s email address of record. Any such link will be valid and accessible to the Booking Client for a period of seven (7) days. On the eighth (8th) day, all files will be permanently deleted unless the Booking Client has made other arrangements with the (Studio) in advance.
14. If the Booking Client rents the (studio) facilities without the Studio’s engineer, the (Studio) is not responsible for any files left on the Studio’s computers at the conclusion of the recording session. Due to Privacy and Security purposes, all files will be permanently deleted from all computers immediately following the Booking Client’s session.
15. The Booking Client shall maintain sole responsibility for all personal items brought to the (Studio). The (Studio) itself holds no liability for any of the Booking Client's personal property that is lost or stolen while on (Studio) grounds.
16. The Booking Client shall be responsible for any loss or damage to the (Studio) or the Studio’s property that is caused as a direct result of misuse, negligence and/or careless actions by the Booking Client or any part of the Booking Client’s party.
17. If the Booking Client chooses a Studio Rental without an engineer, the Client assumes full responsibility for the condition of the premises upon departure. The Booking Client also agrees to pay to the (Studio) all fees necessary to return the (Studio) to the pre-rental condition should the (Studio) be left unclean or in any type of disrepair.
18. The Booking Client hereby claims sole responsibility for obtaining any and all licenses needed before duplication or replication of any works in which the Booking Client does not lawfully own the rights to. It would be in the Booking Client’s best interest to assign ISRC codes for each recorded track, which should be embedded in the digital media when the master is produced. The Booking Client also assumes full responsibility for any and all fees associated with obtaining such licenses and codes.
19. Any violation of these terms and conditions by the Booking Client or any member of the Booking Client’s party is grounds for immediate termination of this agreement. At such time that this agreement is terminated, Booking Client and all persons included in Booking Client’s party shall be escorted from the property and the Booking Client forfeits all deposits already paid to the (Studio). Booking Client will then be banned from use of the Studio’s facilities, including all Sister Recording Studios. The Studio or Studio Representative reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and/or determine when a violation of these terms has occurred.
20. The Booking Client hereby releases the Studio from any liability for harm or damage that may occur to property, equipment or persons in Booking Client’s party while on (Studio) grounds.
21. Smoking of any kind, including cigarettes, marijuana, vape pens or hookahs is not permitted in the non smoking (Studio) Rooms at any time before, during or after a recording session. If the Booking Client or any member of their party is in violation, the Booking Client agrees that the session will be cancelled and all payments already made will be forfeited.
22.(Studio) Booking Clients and their guests are not allowed to bring any type of pet, such as a dog or a cat, in the Studio facility. Violation will result session cancelation without any refund.
23. The Booking Client hereby agrees that the (Studio), under its own discretion, may use their photos, voice, works, name or likeness for purposes of promoting the studio. This will be done through Social Media, Blog, news and any other appropriate platform where a Booking Client’s talent will be showcased for the benefit of the (Studio). The (Studio) upholds in high regard the privacy of the Booking Clients. For this reason, the (Studio) will never sell, share or download the Booking Client’s recordings without prior written consent from the Booking Client.
24. Should any portion of this Agreement prove to be unlawful or invalid, the remainder of the agreement shall continue to be upheld as a valid and binding contract. This Agreement is governed by the laws and statutes of United States of America. In the event of a disagreement between the Booking Client and the (Studio) regarding the performance of the Agreement, both parties hereby agree to attempt to resolve their issues through mediation. If an agreement can not be reached through mediation, the order set forth through litigation will be followed according to the terms of that order and attorney’s fees will be paid by the party found to be at fault..
25. This constitutes the entire agreement between the Booking Client and the (Studio) Sound Genius Recordings ®. Any changes must be in writing, signed and agreed upon by both parties. By entering into a booking agreement, the Booking Client confirms that they have read, and fully understands the terms and conditions and does hereby agree to all provisions.
© 2023 Sound Genius Recordings ®. All Rights Reserved